Roles and ResponsibilitiesPurpose of this role
A Project Leader’s role is to span the lifecycle of an order to ensure that technical opportunities (and orders) are handled smoothly by the Org so as to give a great experience to the Customer. He ensures that no technical information slips during the entire process and the project is successful at the end. The Project Leader supports the sales and operations team by understanding client requirements and translating it to the organization.
This role covers all Neptunus offerings, including Niigata, EMD, MAN, Wartsila, Yanmar Engines, all types of Thruster/propulsion Jobs, OQMS and ECMS projects.
A Project Leader may be assigned to 2-4 of these domains depending on their specialization.
Role & responsibilities
Understanding the opportunity requirements and ensuring delivery of the agreed solution to the new customer:
- Understand the requirements of the customer from the initial stage of the formal enquiry & work towards design document which will include structured parts/work scope/resource requirements which will include stated and non-stated customer requirements for the concerned equipment/s.
- Get buy in of the client on the design document through follow-up and document changes along the transition from enquiry to order.
- Handover to operations the agreed design document (in a way that operations understands) & all other critical points that has to considered during execution
- Ensure with operations that the right solution is being provided & dispatched
- During implementation if any deviation observed, then get the same resolved
- Respond to all the Technical Queries within 12 Hrs and Close within 120 Hrs
- Circulate the SN and create awareness amongst the stakeholders
Enabling Sales by providing technical inputs:
Visit customers along with business development manager
At the design stage, highlight to client the feasibility & possible alternate solutions
Co-create the design with client
Convince the client for less customization & more configuration
Monitoring Project and closure with Customer Delight:
- Be part of Site Briefing / De briefing for critical cases
- Go through all the reports and send post project summary email closure on pending jobs, actions suggested for customer along with work scope and spares required which will be part of the Work completion report. Checker of all Service Technical Reports.
Continual Learning & Enable engineering to be ready for future:
Keep self up to date on Neptunus’ solution for oil quality management system OQMS by coordinating with engineering team
Review current manpower skills while taking up projects, highlight shortfall, training needs while monthly review meets for management to arrange & organize training.
Maintain index of standard products service newsletters/bulletins/campaigns from time to time & share with customers to instill customer`s belief on our products and customer experiences value of our association.
During client interactions, it may so happen that a certain client requirement comes up that is valid but is not present in our solution. In a such a case Business Requirement Document needs to be developed & handed over to Engineering for future build projects
Preferred candidate profile Knowledge (Functional and Non-Technical):
2-3 years of experience in maintenance of Engines & propulsion
Ability to read and comprehend electrical drawings, basic electrical knowledge
1-2 years of experience in service management
Good command over Excel, Word & Powerpoint
Experience of using CRM/SAP software
Skills (Functional and Non-Technical):
Strong organizing, follow up and Project Management Skills
Excellent communication skill (written & verbal) and ability to capture spoken and unspoken requirements into a document
Be able to collaborate
Can work well in a fast paced environment
Behaviors (Technical and Non-Technical):
Proactive, Pays attention to detail
Should have a problem solving approach
Polite and persuasive
Should be ok with field travels
Applies learnings & transfers technical inputs on regular basis into the Q form or applications wherever necessary
Perks and BenefitsPerks and benefits
- Flexi hours, 5 day working, hybrid culture
- Transparent CTC structure, in which all components go directly to different accounts of the individual - PF, Bonus, Gratuity, ESIC. No overheads that the company incurs are part of the CTC. Group Mediclaim Policy for all, including for spouses and children.
- Group Accident Policy
- Children Health Fund
- Free Mental Health Counselling Sessions with professionals
- Additional wealth creation opportunities via Growth Driver program
- Fair and Transparent expenses ad reimbursement policy
Salary: 4-6 Lacs P.A.
Industry:Ports & Shipping
Role Category:After Sales Service & Repair
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical
Neptunus Power Plant Services
In its 27th Year, Neptunus is a growth hungry, forward-looking organization with strong people and governance practices. We are at the forefront of the technology-led shift in operation and maintenance of large machines in the Marine, Oil & Gas, Industrial and Defence Sectors. We serve some of the biggest asset owners in India, South Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Due to our work, they run their equipment more reliably, consume less resources and reduce their carbon footprint. In 2022, we completed an acquisition of a cutting-edge French Technology Company that opens new avenues for global growth for us.
Neptunites have an opportunity to solve new challenges, learn new technologies, develop themselves and grow. Our transparent work environment, focus on learning beyond functions and exposure to global cultures makes individuals well-rounded business leaders. We offer high performers an opportunity to create wealth, and provide several perks and benefits to our team members. We strive to build a great team of connected individuals who can achieve their personal desires through a common goal. If you are hungry, self-motivated and able to deliver excellence, you will certainly thrive and advance your career at Neptunus.